Thursday, May 5, 2011

Judas

I just watched Lady Gaga's new music video for 'Judas'. In my opinion, it wasn't the best (Bad Romance is still my favorite), but it was definitely better than the music video for 'Born This Way' (once again, in my opinion).


So,  I think the video is about Gaga, who's with "Jesus" (I notice they never show his name, but they show Judas' and Peter's names on their jackets), but she's in love with Judas.

I love her make-up in this music video
So, the way I interpreted the video, Lady Gaga is suppose to be like the virgin Mary here. She's wearing the whole blue outfit, and she has that heart symbol on the front. This shows that she's on "Jesus'" side, which Lady Gaga says she is at the end of the song. "I wanna love you/But something's pulling me away from you/Jesus is my virtue/Judas is the demon I cling to."
 Her love for Judas, or her inner demon, or Norman Reedus, is shown when she tries to kill him, but can't. So I'm thinking this song is about Lady Gaga being conflicted between her faith and her inner demon.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment