Sunday, July 15, 2012

Warning: Nerd Post

Last Thursday I decided I wanted to dye my hair after work, even though I had to leave for Comic-Con the next day. Brigitte and I ended up taking a long time coloring my hair, so I only had two hours of sleep (since I had to wake up at 4 am the next day)! I always get tired at Comic-Con, but this time I was extremely exhausted. On Friday, my friends and I were not able to get into the Legend of Korra panel, but we waited outside the room and my friend took a lot of photos when the panel finished. My friend Mark, who cosplayed as Amon, got to "take away" the bending of Sifu Kisu, along with a bunch of other people (and objects).


Afterwards, we walked around the exhibit hall (which is where a bunch of companies show off their stuff and hand out free swag). We saw Emilia Clarke, AKA Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones!! She was far away and on a higher location, so the picture is not that great.

We also saw Andrew Lincoln from The Waking Dead, but he walked by so fast we did not have enough time to take a photo : (. And we saw Kevin Sorbo, who played Hercules from that old school live action series, but again we didn't get a photo.

One interesting exhibit was the Lego booth. They had a bunch of Legos and let people decorate their walls. My friend said I looked like a child playing with the Legos, but haters gonna hate. I wrote "Hi" on the wall. Also, you can kind of see my green tips : )

This year I decided to not grab as much free swag as the other times I've gone. I usually end up throwing away a lot of the stuff, so I only grabbed what I really wanted. First, I went to Chris Sander's booth (he's the co-director of Lilo and Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon). I picked up the poster for his new Dreamworks movie and got him to sign my How to Train Your Dragon artbook. I meant to tell him how much I love his films and ask about his new movie, but I ended up getting too nervous and said nothing except a feeble "hi" and shakey "Thanks, so much!"


The Cartoon Network booth handed out Adventure Time maps that had a scavenger hunt on the back. The prize for completing the hunt was a super awesome medal. Best free swag ever.


They also had really cool posters to celebrate their birthday and handed out awesome Regular Show pins.


I can't remember where I got the Adventure Time pin.
On Saturday we woke up around 4:30 am to head over to the convention center to get in line for the Adventure Time panel. It was hilarious as usual and we all had a great time.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment